Hi! My name is Luofeng Liao (廖烙锋 in Chinese) and I am a second-year phd student in the IEOR Department at Columbia.
My research interests are machine learning methods for causal inference and econometrics, learning and inference in market design, and adversarial optimization.
Currently, I’m working with Prof. Christian Kroer on statistical learning and inference theory for Internet markets (e.g., ad auction platforms). Prior to Columbia, I received my bachelor’s degree in computer science in Fudan University in China and a master’s degree in statistics in University of Chicago. In UChicago, I used to work with Prof. Mladen Kolar and Prof. Zhaoran Wang. In Fudan I was advised by Prof. Ke Wei.
- preprintStatistical Inference for Fisher Market Equilibrium2022
- NeurIPS2022Nonstationary Dual Averaging and Online Fair Allocation2022
- MLJLocal AdaGrad-Type Algorithm for Stochastic Convex-Concave Minimax Problems(Forthcoming) Machine Learning Journal 2022
- preprintInstrumental Variable Value Iteration for Causal Offline Reinforcement Learning2021
- NeurIPS2020Provably efficient neural estimation of structural equation model: An adversarial approach2020